Comforting yet a light dish. Perfect for continuing to feel like we are in summer on these rainy days!
The ingredients for the pasta:
- 70g Italian “00” flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Water (if needed)
Ingredients for the crab and ricotta mix:
- 100g crab meat
- 100g ricotta
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
The lemon butter:
- 60g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon peel
- Make the dough, by mixing together the flour and eggs and salt until a dough forms, it shouldn’t be too sticky nor too firm! It should be soft and flexible -Add water if necessary.
- Leave to rest for 20minutes. (I cover my in cling film so no skin forms)
- Meanwhile combine the crab meat with the ricotta with a good pinch of salt and pepper and the chilli flakes.
- Once the dough has rested, roll the pasta dough out using your pasta machine- using the kitchen aid I go to setting 7 for thickness. This is about 1mm thick! The thinner the better so once you can see your hand through it, the pasta is thin enough!
- Once rolled, lay the pasta out and cut into 5cm circles and place an egg wash on the circles.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling in the centre of the circle, fold in half and pick together until sealed.
- Press air out of the pasta by pushing down the pasta around the filling with your pinky finger.
- Cook straight away in salted boiling water for ~4 minutes
- Meanwhile melt the butter and the lemon.
Serve with sprinkling of Parmesan, spring onion, some chilli flakes and of course the lemon butter!