These Meatless meatballs are absolutely delicious and a great way of getting more veggies in for dinner! Perfect served with a tomato sauce and some spaghetti for dinner.
- 2 aubergines cut into small cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped finely
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g breadcrumbs (fresh)
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
- 100g Parmesan
- 160g spaghetti (I used spelt and wheat)
- Tomato and basil sauce
- Preheat oven to 200c/180 fan
- To make then meatballs, cook the diced aubergine in a pan with some oil and 150ml of water for ~10 minutes or until the aubergine is soft
- Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, basil, parsley and garlic in a bowl.
- Blitz the aubergine in a food processor till minced and add to the other ingredients.
- Add the beaten egg to the mix and combine all together.
- Onto a lined tray, take some of the mixture and roll into ball (I made about 10).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the balls are firm and have browned.
- With 10 minutes to go with the meatballs cooking, cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water until al dente and warm up the tomato and basil sauce.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, add to the tomato and basil sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the spaghetti and plenty of Parmesan!
To fizz up the recipe try adding some chilli flakes for an extra kick!