A spinach and ricotta tortellini in the sunshine! A perfect excuse to use the last of our holidays to make some delicious fresh egg pasta!
I find making pasta no chore at all using my Kitchen aid attachment (highly recommend!) and because of this, the pasta we now have is so much tastier and lighter to eat. It’s also is great to know what ingredients you are exactly putting into our bodies- and there are no chemical nasties in this recipe!
- 70g Italian “00” flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Water (if needed)
Ingredients for the spinach and ricotta mix:
- 70g spinach
- 70g ricotta
- 10g Parmesan
- 1/4 garlic clove
- Egg wash
- Make the dough, by mixer together the flour and eggs and salt until a dough forms, it shouldn’t be too sticky nor too firm! It should be soft and flexible -Add water if necessary.
- Leave to rest for 20minutes. (I cover my in cling film so no skin forms)
- Meanwhile wilt the spinach with garlic and good pinch of salt and pepper. Then combine with the ricotta and grated Parmesan and leave to cool.
- Once the dough has rested, roll the pasta dough out using your pasta machine- using the kitchen aid I go to setting 7 for thickness. This is about 1mm thick! The thinner the better so once you can see your hand through it, the pasta is thin enough!
- Once rolled to desired thickeness, cut the pasta in half (so you have two strips) and place an egg wash on both
- Place a teaspoon of the filling in the centre of strips in a line (small gaps in between) then place the other pasta strip on top.
- Press air out of the pasta by pushing down the pasta around the filling with your pinky finger.
- Using a 3 inch round cutter, cut the tortellini out.
- Cool straight away in salted boiling water for ~4 minutes
- Serve with sprinkling of Parmesan and some butter!