2 of my favourite things, the great British strawberry and chia seeds.
Either black or white chia seeds work fine in this recipe but my personal preference is the white chia, they seem to look more delicate and less tapioca like! The white chia are definitely something to try if you are put off by Chia’s visual appearance!
Chia seeds are a great addition to our diets and I will continue again and again to rave about them. Packed full of protein and fibre, they also have a great satiating property, keeping us fuller for longer.
So what’s a better start to the day…?
- 350g strawberries- halved
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp water
- Sweetener like maple syrup (optional)
- Weigh out all ingredients and put into a small blender. Add maple syrup if using (I find the jam sweet enough without it however)
- Blitz briefly until all combined and got to your preferred jam consistency. Note that the jam will thicken slightly
- Once blitzed, add to a saucepan and bring to the boil, then simmer for around 5 minutes. This will thicken the jam!
- Once simmered and thickened, pour into your container.