Perfect for an afternoon delight or an evening treat!
- 200g self raising flour
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 50g cold unsalted butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 100ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp milk
- 60g frozen raspberries (cut in half)
- Beaten egg (glaze)
- Preheat oven to 220C/ Gas Mark 7
- Combine the flour, coconut and pinch of salt together in a bowl
- Add the 50g of cold butter (in cubes) and rub into the flour using your hands, until a crumble like consistency forms.
- Add the sugar
- Add the buttermilk and milk and combine together until a soft mixture comes together (if too dry then add more milk)
- Add the raspberries, try not to over mix them in as it’ll break them up too much!
- Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and roll out to about 4cm thick
- Cut 8 circles out and place onto a baking tray
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of the scones
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes