Chia seed and cinnamon&raisin bagels…great for brunch or a light snack!
- 7g dried yeast (I use HOVIS’)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 450g white bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 300ml warm water
For the flavours:
- Chia seeds
- 150g raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a jug combine 1 tbsp sugar, the yeast and 100ml of warm (not too hot or it’ll kill the yeast) and leave for 10 mins, until the mix becomes frothy.
- Then to the yeast mixture combine 200ml warm water, the salt and half the flour, keep adding flour until a soft and non sticky dough forms
- Knead well for 10 minutes, (then spilt the dough in half in you are doing more the one flavour)
- To half the dough, I added the cinnamon and raisins and then left both the doughs to proove in a greased bowl (cling film lid) in a warm place for 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 220c/gas7 and using a saucepan bring to boil a pan of water with the remaining sugar
- Once prooved (the dough should not be sticky) cut the doughs in 10 pieces (5 from each dough), each about 85g, then mould each into a fat round ball and by using a wooden spoon make a hole in the middle about 2cm wide!
- Then slot these bagels into the pan of sugar boiling water (only 4 at a time) and boil for around a minute on each side (flip half way)
- Then dry the bagels so no excess water and transfer the bagels to a lined baking tray, add the chia seeds to top the plain bagels!
- Cool in the oven for 25 minutes or until brown and hollow sounding when tapped on the bottom!