Nothing beats a fresh pesto, so simple and quick but really adds a great fresh flavour to your dishes!
- 40g basil leaves (fresh)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 35g pine nuts
- 120ml olive oil
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
The method: (food processor is required!)
- Quickly blanch the basil leaves in hot water and remove after 1 minute. Cool quickly in an ice bath…
- Blitz the pine nuts and garlic in the food processor till small pieces
- Add the basil leaves to the food processor and whilst the processor is running, slowly add the olive oil
- Blitz until your desired consistency (I like mine not completely smooth)
- Add in the finely grated cheese and season with salt, pepper!
To fizz up the recipe, try toasting the pine nuts (really develops the flavour!)