perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
Eaten warm or cold, delicious and satisfying!
- 500g strong bread flour
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 10g fast action yeast
- 320ml water
- 1 tin pitted cherries
- 150g chocolate chips
- Add the flour, oil, salt and yeast into a bowl. Keeping the yeast and salt on separate sides.
- Add the water slowly and start to mix using your hand until a dough forms.
- Lightly sprinkle a surface with flour and knead the dough for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cherries and chocolate chips to the dough, adding more flour if the dough gets wet.
- Leave to prove in the bowl, with a clean tea towel covering it, in a warm area, for an hour and a half, or until it doubles it size.
- Once proven, remove from bowl and split the dough in half. Roll the two halves out into long sausages and form a ‘x'(cross) with them!
- Form a 2 strand plait with the dough-best to watch a video on how to do this!
- Leave the plaited bread to prove under a bag for another hour.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Once proven for the final time, bake for 20 minutes at 220, then turn down to 190 and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or leave to cool. 7