Warming, with a little kick of spice
Perfect for cold nights
Ingredients for 4
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 cardamom pods
- 10 cloves
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 50g root ginger (peeled, diced)
- 2 tbsp curry powder (I used medium)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 chilli (more if you like spice)
- 250ml coconut cream
- 500g chicken thigh, cooked
- Lime juice
- Heat the oil and add the cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, and cloves and leave them to release their flavours. Add the onions are fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, curry powder, turmeric and fry gently.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, sugar, chilli and cover with a lid. Simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Uncover, add the coconut cream, cooked chicken and simmer until the chicken is hot. Add the lime juice and coriander to serve.
- Serve with rice of your choosing ( i used spinach and carrot rice)
Adapted from the Sainsbury’s Magazine