Great, warming and filling dish!
Easy to make and can double up the recipe for bigger batches.
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 1 onion, diced
- 150g bacon, diced
- 400g peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g rice (risotto rice)
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- fresh minute
- salt, pepper
- In a pan, melt the butter, then add the onion and bacon and cook until the onion has softened.
- Meanwhile, put 200g of peas in the food processor, with the olive oil and puree.
- Add the rice to the onion, once softened, then stir in the stock and pureed peas. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Then add the remaining peas and season well. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- To finish, stir in the mint.