Succulent, family favourite!
To fizz up the recipe, some crushed garlic could be added to the cheese filling, or a few chilli flakes to make it a bit spicier. This could be done to both chicken breasts or individually based on taste.
Ingredients to serve 2:
- 2 chicken breasts (no bones, no skin)
- 2 tbsp soft cheese
- lemon thyme
- black pepper
- 2-4 rashes of streaky bacon
- cocktail sticks (to secure)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/ Gas Mark 6
- Cut a slot into the chicken breasts, be careful not to cut right through.
- Fill the slot with the soft cheese and herbs.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken, making sure to close over the slot.
- If necessary, use the cocktail sticks to secure the bacon and chicken together.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve with vegetables of your choice.