Absolutely delicious, very malteser-y!
The cake and icing itself is just as good eaten as a tray bake
- 2 tbsps Horlicks® powder
- 15g butter
- 3 eggs
- 175g Flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 100g Caster sugar
- 150g Soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Maltesers® to decorate
- 200g Icing sugar
- 50g Horlicks
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 100g Butter
- 3 tbsp Hot water
- Preheat the oven to 160⁰C/ Gas Mark 3. Grease and line 2 hemisphere cake pans
- In a pan, melt the butter, milk and Horlicks together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugars and eggs. Once combined and fluffy, add the milk mixture to the egg and sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Once combined add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and fold together.
- Pour into the desired tins.
- Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the icing. To make the icing, combine together the icicing sugar, cocoa powder and Horlicks. Then add the butter and boiling water and combine until a thick icing comes together.
- Once out the oven and cooled, sandwich together with the icing.
- Decorate with the icing and maltesers.