Indulgent sweet treats
Perfect for little gifts
- 450ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g golden syrup
- 400g caster sugar
- 65g unsalted butter
- 1½ tsp ground sea salt
- Line a 20cm pan with baking paper, making sure it covers all the sides
- Gently bring the cream to just under a boil
- Meanwhile, add the syrup and sugar in a large pan until it reaches the hard crack stage (154⁰C)
- Once at the hard crack stage, add the butter and 1 tsp of the salt. Then add the heated cream and stir only to combine.
- Heat the mixture again, until it reaches the firm ball stage (120⁰C)
- Take off the heat, add the vanilla, and pour into the prepared tin.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few hours and then cut into rectangles and sprinkle with the remaining sea salt.
Credit to ‘The Home-Made Sweet Shop’ by Claire Ptak
Sugar Thermometer is required!