Part of the 5:2 Fast Diet Recipe Book
Feel Good Curry but with fewer calories!
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 1½ tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps masala paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 200g red lentils, rinsed
- 200g (4 handfuls) young spinach leaves
- Low fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then add the onion and cook until it softens. Approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the masala paste and cook to release flavours
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Add lentils, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the spinach leaves, allowing them to wilt in the warmth.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt