Appetising dinner, very luxurious and filling
Easy Ingredients and straight forward to make.
To fizz up the recipe, use a smaller serving as a dinner party starter.
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300g peas
- 2 L vegetable stock
- 350g risotto rice
- 150ml white win
- 200ml white wine
- 30 g Parmesan
- handful of broccoli stems
- In a pan, melt some butter. Add the onion and cook until it is soft. This will take around 10 minutes.
- Once the onion is soft, stir in the rice. Then pour in the white wine, allow it to bubble and become completely absorbed.
- Meanwhile, with 100g of the peas and a little of the vegetable stock, puree the peas.
- Ladle by ladle add the stock bit by bit, stirring continuously until the stock is absorbed and the rice is creamy and soft. This will take around 25 minutes on a medium heat.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the pureed peas, the remaining peas and the Parmesan. Allow to rest on the heat for a few minutes.
- Season and serve the risotto, topped with steamed broccoli.