A sugar thermometer is required for this recipe.
Mouth watering small chunks of heaven!
Perfect for little gifts, or for a sugar treat..
- 800g caster sugar
- 250ml full fat milk
- 75g unsalted butter
- 350g 50-60% dark chocolate (such as bournville)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Grease and line with baking paper a 20cm x 30cm baking tin.
- Prepare an ice water bath
- Add the sugar, butter, milk into a saucepan and cook on a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- When the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil.
- Without stirring, let the mixture cook until it reaches the soft ball stage on the sugar thermometer (114ºC). Then stir in the chocolate until fully incorporated.
- Then immediately place into water bath, for a few seconds, add the vanilla extract, and pour into the tin
- Once completely cooled in the tine, lift the fudge out the tin using the baking paper and cut into chunks.
Credit to ‘The Home-Made Sweet Shop, by Claire Ptak