Best choice for celebrations!
Traditional but still as delicious as always.
Light taste, summer fruits, room for 2nds!
Ingredients for 12 servings:
- 8oz butter
- 8oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8oz self-raising flour
- Milk, to loosen
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 180º C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, and then add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, add a little milk if necessary.
- Divide the mixture between the cake tins
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. To check if cooked, insert a skewer into the middle of the cake and it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- For best results, sandwich the cakes together with whipped cream, jam and berries.