Perfect for a lunch platter
Serve with crudites and breads of your choosing
Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Pâté.
- half an onion, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 200g sweet potato
- 140g red lentils
- thyme, 3 sprigs
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan, add the oil and onion, cook for a few minutes, until soft. Add in the paprika and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potato, red lentils, thyme and stock to the pan. Bring to the simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid, and mash the mixture.
- Season and add the red wine vinegar.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
- Can of chickpeas (approx 200g when drained)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp groud cumin
- 100ml tahini
- 4 tbsps water
- olive oil
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, set some chickpeas aside to decorate.
- Into a food processer, add the the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, tahini, water and salt and blitz until a smooth, creamy paste forms.
- Add more lemon, cumin and salt to taste.
- To serve, drizzle with olive oil and paprika and the remaining chickpeas