Easy, yummy and quick Quiche!
Perfect for lunch or mid week meal
Broccoli can be exchanged for other vegetables, such as cauliflower or courgette.
Ingredients to serve 6:
- 2 tbsps butter (for the pan)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 175g broccoli, chopped
- 1 prepared pastry case (23cm)
- 175g grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 350ml milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ Gas Mark 4
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, adding the onion, garlic and broccoli and cook until soft.
- Once soft, put the vegetables into the prepared pastry case and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, milk and melted butter. Season and then pour over the vegetables in the pastry case.
- Bake in the centre of the oven, for 30 minutes (or until the centre is set)
To fizz up the recipe, discard the pastry case, and bake in an oven proof dish instead.