Afternoon treat or great for a breakfast pick me up!
Light, lemony and packed with the super fruit, blueberries!
Ingredients (to serve 8 slices):
- 175g unsalted butter
- 100ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon curd
- 3 eggs
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 200g self-raising flour
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 85g blueberries
- 140g icing sugar
- Edible flowers, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160°C/ Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 2Ib loaf tin
- Using an electric whisk, whisk together the yoghurt, lemon curd, eggs, butter, lemon zest, sugar and flour until a smooth mixture forms.
- Pour half of the mixture into the lined tin and sprinkle some of the blueberries in.
- Pour the rest of the mixture into the tin and add the remaining blueberries.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour 10 mins or until golden. (To check if cooked, insert a skewer into the centre of the cake and it should come out clean.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and stir in enough lemon juice, so a thick icing comes together.
- Spread the icing over the cooled cake, and decorate.
I make this recipe all year round, it’s a favourite!