Tasty and healthy take on the burger!
Could be baked in the oven for a even more low fat version!
Ingredients for two:
- 40g white bread (torn into small pieces)
- 100g sweetcorn
- 1 tin of tuna, drained
- 2 spring onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- olive oil
- Using a hand blender, blitz the bread until it becomes breadcrumbs. Then add in half of the sweetcorn and spring onions and blitz again.
- Add the remaining sweetcorn, spring onions, tuna and seasoning. Mix thoroughly by hand until it comes together.
- Add the beaten egg slowly (not all may be required) until the mixture becomes sticky enough to form into 4 medium sized burgers.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the burgers. Cook on each side for approximately 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with a side salad and a dollop of sweetcorn relish
To fizz up the recipe, serve in a bread roll with a sauce of your choosing, or make into smaller cakes, for light bites, great to be served at parties.