Quintessentially British, seasonal and a great accompaniment to summer!
What better way to enjoy the summer than relaxing outside with a friend and a fizz.
This recipe can also be made for larger quantities for parties or a summer’s afternoon tea.
Ingredients for two:
- 200g/ ½ punnet of strawberries
- 50ml Vodka (1 vodka shot per person)
- 20ml Lime Juice
- Handful of ice cubes
- 1 can (355ml) lemonade
- Using a hand blender, blend together all the strawberries, vodka, lime and a few of the ice cubes until smooth.
- Using a fine sieve, pour the mixture into a cocktail glass, discarding any seeds.
- Top up the remainder of the glass with lemonade and ice to serve.
For non-drinkers, omit the vodka from the strawberry syrup mixture and repeat the rest of the steps as before.
Similarly, for a different twist on this cocktail, make with different fruits such as raspberries or blueberries.